Thursday, May 5, 2011

a new thursday morning

I'd been looking forward to my usual Thursday morning yoga class all week, only to find out this morning that the studio's schedule had changed. Somehow it always feels so personal when "your class" is the one that's moved, cancelled, or altered in any way. I have to admit that my first reaction was a mix of anger, disappointment, and that sensation of "how will my Thursday mornings ever be the same?!!!" But after that initial emotional reaction, I realized it was really just a matter of perspective. My Thursday mornings will not be the same, but they'll be great in other ways! This is not the end of anything but the opportunity to try something new, to explore what Boston has to offer on Thursday mornings, to take a new class with a new teacher and to practice being flexible, open, and willing to move with this ever-shifting life as opposed to resisting it :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment